Monday, September 26, 2011

This is hard!

Losing weight is so hard to do! I've been going to the gym as much as I can the past month...and 2 lbs. That's all I've lost so far!! I even signed up for personal trainers.  I'll meet with them 3x a month to keep me motivated and on track.
I know what's holding me back from losing more weight...and it's one of those things that my brain is saying, "You can't POSSIBLY live without that!"  And what is it? Sweets. Oh my gosh. I told Brian we're not allowed to have any sweets in the house anymore. No cookies, no pies, no brownies, no ice cream, no chocolate, no nothing. I have kettle corn -- that's my one thing I am not able to give up (and it's so much better than a huge bowl of ice cream!!).
I think once I give up sweets more (the last of it was eaten this weekend) I'll be able to lose more weight.
I've also been taking care of my poor husband who has been sick for the past week and a half!! He's had a fever every night...and when he went to the MD on Wednesday last week, they told him his WBC count was normal.  I made him go back to the MD today and he said they took like 6 vials of blood to run more tests. I'm worried about him...I have nightmares that I wake up and he doesn't =(
Well...I have my "before" pictures for my weight loss journey...but I'm not ready to post them up yet. It's embarrassing, really. Once I get down about 20 lbs, then I'll take some "mid-journey" weight loss pictures and post them up. My goal is to lose 35 lbs or so. I started out at 168 and my goal is 130-135.  A normal, healthy weight for a girl in her 20's that is my height.

No comments:

Post a Comment