Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What a wonderful heavenly Father we have!

Every night before I go to bed I do a daily devotion on my iPod. I started it because I want to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. I've found that it's been helping me feel much happier lately. I was so depressed a couple of weeks ago and I just didn't know what to do to get out of the funk. The devotion today really resonated with me. Here is the verse:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38, 39 KJV)

This in a nutshell means we are NEVER separated from God's love. He is always with us, loving on us. And suddenly it occurred to me: I am the one that pushes Him away. It's like I suddenly heard the answers to all my cries for help lately:
"I know it's tough. Just keep going. You will be rewarded in the end."
"Trust me, this hurts me more than it hurts you."
"Amber, I love you. Let me love you."
"Amber, you are my daughter. Why would I hurt you? I love you. Just be patient. It will work out according to MY plans for you. And boy, do I have plans for you!"

I'm sorry, Lord. Forgive me. Forgive my crazy emotions. I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment