Sunday, February 12, 2012

Having a nice weekend

This week was a little crazy at work with all the SRP patients I had.  I also took a 5 hr CE course on Friday, so Brian went with me to that, then I went to the Chiropractor afterwards, aaaahhhh.  Brian decided to take me out to dinner on Friday night so we went to Red Lobster and had some yummy food. Hooray for date nights/days!

Yesterday the bestie and I went to the warehouse district in Minneapolis to a bar called "Howl at the Moon" for her friends 23rd birthday.  It was...okay... kind of like an upscale karaoke bar because they actually had musicians on stage the entire time playing piano, drums, fiddle, guitar, bass, etc.  That was pretty cool.  They played requests the entire night.  I requested Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen but we left before I had a chance to hear it.  Now, I'm young, almost 23, and for Rox and I to NOT ENJOY going to a bar is kind of...out of the norm for our age group.  We just don't enjoy it.  It's so LOUD and people are obnoxious, and you have to yell at each other to even converse.  It's not enjoyable.  We would rather stay at home, play video games, or watch a movie, or play a board game, or read or something.   But we figured we better go out and do something out of the norm for once.

Why do I whine? Because it was literally about 2 degrees last night. And the wind chill was about 5-10 below zero. Yeah. super cold.  Anyway...

I'm home now and almost done with the second book in the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini.

In other news -- we sold the laptop and bought an iPad to replace it.  Mostly because I just used the laptop in the morning/evening before/after work for email, facebook, etc.  I love it!! I'm a total nerd and I'm proud of it!

We aren't going to be going to Japan this fall after all...mostly because it's waaaay too expensive and with our budget it's not feasible at this point.  We'll be going to CA in about 6 weeks and I'm super excited for that.  We're planning on going some smaller, mini vacations this year also.

That's about it for now. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment