Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to me! =]

Well, Happy Belated Birthday to my lovely self =] My birthday was two days ago, but that's okay.  My wonderful husband surprised me at work by bringing flowers and balloons!! Okay so it wasn't much of a surprise considering I told him that's what I wanted for my birthday, bu needless to say, I have the greatest husband in the world. I haven't got much for presents (which is totally okay), but my mom said that she'd treat me to whatever when I'm down in CA in about 3 weeks!! I'm so excited to see her again!

On a side note, I finished my "surprise" present for my bestie.  It was going to be a birthday present, because I thought it would take FOREVER to finish and obviously as the queen of procrastination here, I gave myself ample time to finish it. But voila! I finished it tonight (albiet I should be in bed right now as I have to get up in 6 hours for work...) and I am kind of impressed with myself! I'm more impressed with my ability to *paint* Japanese characters pretty darn well.  My husband was impressed with me, that's saying something =]  I made it with pieces of felt that I cut out myself, and then sewed on to the little bag.  I filled in any little characteristic things with black, white, and yellow fabric paint.  If you know anything about the anime Naruto, then you know that this is the "chibi" version of Naruto's Jinchuriki: the 9 tailed fox.

Here's a picture of it:


And here's a picture of it next to the original art by my close-to-no-ink printer by some unknown fabulous artist online:



What do you think?  So it's going to be Roxie's graduation present, and I'll get her something from CA for her birthday.  Love you girl, I hope you like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment