Friday, March 11, 2011

Family

I am so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family.  I have the greatest husband a girl could ask for, and my in-laws are just plain fantastic.  My mother in law is Japanese, and we were pretty worried about our family over in Japan when we heard about the disaster this morning.  She was finally able to get a hold of them via cell phone because of how many people and businesses overseas have lost power.  Everyone is O.K., and so that is a huge relief for all of us.  I've been praying for the safety of everyone since last night.

In other news, I've been neglecting my crafts.  I worked three wonderful days this week as a hygienist, and I couldn't have been happier since quitting my restaurant job.  I love helping people and I LOVE what I do!! Thank you Lord!  Since I have the next two days off (What? A weekend off?? This is truly bizarre) I'll be doing as much crafting as possible.

The hubby and I bought a new washer and dryer last week, and they are delivering it tomorrow! Hurrah!!  The hubby says I have to wait to wash the fabric I just bought (which is KILLING ME having to wait...) so I'll try to work on other little projects in the mean time :)

Currently on the [small] project list:
1) Animal measuring tapes (see the owl in my previous post, I'm making other animals)
2) Tote/messenger bags with cute little felt animals sewn on front
3) iPod case
4) fabric baby blocks from scraps of fabric left over

No comments:

Post a Comment