Sunday, August 14, 2011

BUMMER!

So yesterday I had my craft subgroup over at my house (even though the lovely Jana was the only one to show up -- that's because we ROCK IT) yesterday, and I asked her to be my accountability partner.  I need someone to help me stay focused on the Lord and keep me going to church weekly, and to share my experience with and such.  She kindly accepted :)

Anyway, so the first step was for me to go to church.  I told her I love going to church, but I don't like waking up *early* on Sunday.  Okay, granted it's not early if you're going to the 11 AM service, but still. I like sleeping in on the weekends.  So what did I do? I went to the Saturday night service with her, of course!  I found out that the church is having a "Riverboat Prom" type of thing this weekend, and I was SO EXCITED because I REALLY wanted to go.  I never went to my prom, and I thought it would be a lot of fun!!

So I get home, talk to my husband, and talk him into it.  He's not a big dancer.  But I succeeded :)  Come to find out this morning...that it's on Friday night.  Which totally stinks because I already bought tickets to go see a show for my new favorite band Edens Edge. Never heard of them? Go here. They're amazing! And I had to talk my husband into going with me to that! Oh well.

I'm kind of bummed out, but I'm still excited to go see my favorite band. 

P.S. I'm about halfway done with the quilting itself of the baby quilt.  Pictures will be up after it's been binded and washed.  I'm using chalk to fill in the stencils and it's going okay for my first time quilting.  Hopefully I can finish it today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment