Saturday, August 13, 2011

God is GOOD!

To start off this post,  I'd like to inform all of you that Brian and I have been struggling financially these past two months with the big move and everything. I said a long time ago that it's not expensive to move-- well, oh boy, I was WRONG.  Brian and I couldn't buy groceries the other week, and because we had to throw a lot of food away when we moved, we really didn't have much in the fridge.  So, of course, we have been praying every day, "Please, Lord, please help us financially.  We lift this struggle up to you that you may provide for us."  So, getting the mail on Thursday, we received a piece of mail from "Minnesota Revenue".  This kind of scared me -- because my husband has his own eBay business, and if you make more than 20K a year, they will start taxing you.  That's what I thought it was.  To my surprise, I opened it up and there was a check to Brian and I.  I almost cried, I was so relieved.  I've been living paycheck-to-paycheck to pay the bills and such, and this was such a huge relief off of our shoulders.  Praise God!!

On another note, my craft group is meeting at our new home today! Wohoo! It's kind of exciting, even though there only may be one person that comes over, I'm excited!  Now that I have almost all of my craft stuff out and organized, I'm debating on whether or not I should keep working on my cross-stitch or if I should try to finish the baby quilt with the owls on it.  It's basted and waiting for me. *le sigh*  I just don't know how to work the "freehand" foot on my sewing machine yet, so I'll have to figure that out.

On ANOTHER note, I was so excited to find this other blog by this AMAZING woman that challenged herself, starting March 5th this year, to NOT look in a mirror for a WHOLE YEAR. How crazy awesome is that?  You'll have to go check out her blog.  How inspirational, in my opinion.  Us girls look in the mirror way too often, I think.  I check myself out while shopping, in the bathroom, etc.  I look in the mirror too much!  I did make a post to her, and SHE RESPONDED WITH A NEW BLOG POST! I am so honored.  Here is the link to her response post!

http://www.ayearwithoutmirrors.com/2011/08/day-139-3-new-things-that-i-love-about.html

Hope all is well! I'm off to grab some new books from the library (#12 and 13 in the current series) and get some eggs from the store since I want waffles for breakfast :)
Ciao!
-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment