Thursday, August 18, 2011

A very full day

So today was pretty eventful for different reasons. The first, is quite obvious; I updated my blog and customized it so it screams "AMBER"! I even MADE the blog title at the top. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself and my mad photoshop skills. I'm going to have to learn more soon, but I'm happy for now :)

Secondly, my husband and I found out that his obachan, or grandmother in Japan passed away today.  My mother-in-law is super upset, of course.  I lost my dad when I was 15, so I know exactly how she feels right now.  The only bad part is that she just became a US citizen, which means that she doesn't have her US passport yet.  She's going to petition to the passport office to see if she can get an emergency passport so she can go to Japan for her mother's funeral.  My thoughts are with Chiaki, Shingo, and Toshiki. I hope that Ojichan is okay.  He's in a nursing home over in Japan and hasn't been doing very good the last couple of years.

Let's all say a prayer for the Owada family tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment