Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Parched for creativity...

So as of right now, for how much I've been working, most of my free time is spent reading this awesome series. I'm currently on book 11 out of 20.  I started them in the beginning of June.  What does this tell you?  I'm addicted.

Now, don't be alarmed, because I have been working on that needlepoint!! But during the move I got an eyeful of that pink owl crib quilt that I need to finish.  I know, I know....one thing at a time.  I'm so bad at starting things that I finish.  Except books of course. 

I've decided that for the needlepoint that I'm going to take a picture of it each time I finish a color.  Which means that...this could take a while.  Well, I'm out of creative juices for today, so I'm going to lounge on the couch and watch So You Think You Can Dance...which is fun to watch the dancing, I fast forward through the "judging" though.  Booooo-ring.  Then it's up to bed for the night and reading under the covers with my booklight...hehehe. I'm such a nerd.

In other news-- my low back pain that I've had for the last 10 years flared up last weekend.  So much so that I had to call in sick on Monday (not yesterday, the week prior) and go to the MD.  I never go to the doctor. For anything.  My parents were both RN's so that pretty much took care of everything that was ever wrong with me. Except broken bones and things of that severity.  Anyway, the MD did a couple of tests (and I'm super out of shape by the way, and not by any means limber at all either) and said, "Why on earth haven't you come in sooner? You need to go to physical therapy at least three times a week or so for this.  I'm astonished you haven't been in sooner."  He also gave me a Rx for a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory (kind of like an NSAID - aka ibuprofin, but stronger).  I couldn't believe it -- this is the first time in ten years I was pain free for more than a couple of hours.  I am not taking the muscle relaxer unless I absolutely need it because it makes me super drowsy if I take the full dose, and kind of loopy.  But I know I need to get physical therapy for sure -- my consultation is on September 13. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment